By the end of the course, participants will experience on how to create a basic web pages, including structuring page content, apply basic formatting styles using CSS and applying Java Scripting for basic interactivity.
This web development training course is suitable for those who wish to acquire web development knowledge as a first step into web development practices. This course is also suitable for individuals with a general web development interest.
Prior to attending this web development training course, participants should be familiar with using personal computers with a mouse and keyboard and possess basic typing skills. You should be comfortable and have basic experience with the underlying operating system. Specifically, you should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders. Familiarity with Internet Explorer and Firefox would be an advantage. A general understanding or interest on web development/design and internet subjects could enhance the participant’s experience.
Upon completion of this web development training course, participants should be able to:
- Create a basic web page.
- Insert content into the page and structure it.
- Apply styles to the page elements.
- Create, modify, and format content with CSS.
Day 1 (Theory and partially Hands-On)
- Tools that you need
- Introduction to HTML5
- The difference between HTML and HTML5
- HTML5 capabilities
- Framework, libraries and things to get up and running
- Bootstrap (CSS)
- Themeforest.net (Theme)
- Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Guideline to ask questions on the internet?
Day 2 (Hands-On)
- From nothing to something
- Modifying WordPress themes
The training should be delivered with an internet connection
- All the participant required to use the laptop or PC for the hands on training
- Other tools to be used during the training
- Development Environment – Notepad++ (Windows) / Brackets (Mac)
- XAMPP (Windows) / MAMP (Mac)
- Web Browser – Mozilla Firefox / Chrome